CNN reported on Wednesday that ISIS is using images of kittens, Nutella, and emojis to recruit Western women.
1. On Wednesday, CNN ran a segment about how ISIS is apparently recruiting Western women to its cause using Nutella, kittens, and emojis.
2. Here’s how CNN’s Carol Costello introduced this groundbreaking news:
As ISIS continues to gain territory across the Middle East, the recruitment of young women to its ranks has become increasingly important to the group. And among the most highly sought-after targets, Western women.
But how do you relay your message of jihad in a way Westerners understand? How can Westerners understand?
Well, you turn to the language of social media, and that seems to be working just fine for ISIS.
ISIS is talking online about jars of Nutella, pictures of kittens, and emojis. These three images are in part helping ISIS recruiters lure Westerners into their fight because they want people to believe their life on the battlefield isn’t so different than yours. They actually eat Nutella and I guess they have pet kittens.
3. Many media types on Twitter found the segment to be quite amusing.
6. But the biggest fans of CNN’s Nutella and kittens report? ISIS supporters.
How utterly ” SWEET” #ISLAMICSTATE recruitment tactics are ðŸ˜»…and uhmmm “women friendly” I dare add ðŸ˜‚ #NotOppressed
REPORT: Mothers will stop buying Nutella afraid of their kids getting radicalised
10. Men who claim (and appear) to be ISIS fighters active on Twitter are uploading pictures of cats and Nutella as “marriage proposals.”
11. Or uploading pictures of themselves to attract the ladies.
Yea..So this is how I heard we get married..lolWhy am I still single