Clickbank Affiliate Scripts
How to lose weight
Being a healthy weight can be a challenge, but the benefits are huge. Benefits in terms of staying well, feeling better about yourself, having more energy, and being able to do all those little things that gradually get taken away by an expanding waistline.
Crash or fad diets come and go, often leaving you to regain even more weight than when you started.
Instead, think about the small changes you can start making every day that will not only help you manage your weight, but also be healthier so that you can get the most out of life. It’s easier if you have a bit of support, so get your family and friends on board. You might even inspire them to manage their weight.
For some help setting goals, take a look at our
How do I lose weight?
You’ve probably heard the basic formula for managing weight before. It’s about balancing the energy (kilojoules/calories) you consume through food and drinks, with the energy that you burn off through keeping your body alive and physically active. To lose weight, consume less energy than you burn off. The main ways to do this are:
Here are some simple weight loss tips to help get you started:
If you mostly eat foods from the
heart healthy food groups
, you can reduce your kilojoule intake.
- Eat mindfully, and enjoy your food rather than obsessing about calories or nutrients.
Using your hands can be a simple way to see
how much food
you should be eating.
- Set yourself up to win by using subtle strategies like using smaller sized dinner plates, and sitting down at the table to eat.
a part of your day. Aim to do some form of physical exercise most days. Remember
can be broken up into short bursts throughout the day too. It all adds up!
- Don’t fall for fad diets, quick fixes, or miracle cures. They don’t work long term. If it sounds too good to be true, chances are it is.
Fill up on
for the weekend and make weekdays an alcohol free zone.
- Eat fewer and smaller amounts of treat foods.
- Eat mindfully, so that you can truly savour the food you eat. When you eat mindfully you are less likely to over eat.
- Eat regular meals with the right amount of food, so you feel satisfied, not full.
Do you know if you’re a healthy weight?
Find out using our BMI Calculator.
This is is a syndicated post. Read the original at www.heartfoundation.org.nz
Best Clickbank Products